The 2014 J-pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest is now accepting entries
The 2013 J-pop Anime Singing Contest and Cosplay Mini-Contest
participants with NHK J-Melo co-host and singer, Joe Inoue
The yearly J-pop Anime Singing Contest is now opening its doors to amateur dancers as the Embassy of Japan launches its 2014 J-pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest to celebrate the Philippines-Japan Friendship Month this July.
Open to all Filipino amateur singers and dancers, the contest aims to continue its thrust to promote friendship and cultural exchange between the Philippines and Japan through music.
Interested participants may choose to join one of the following categories:
1.) Participants may perform solo or form a singing group not exceeding 4 members.
2.) Participants may choose any J-pop or anime songs in Japanese by a Japanese artist for their performance.
3.) Participants for the singing category may choose one of the following performance set-ups: 1) The participant may play a musical instrument, or 2) perform a cappella, or 3) perform with a minus-one musical background. Only soundtracks from original CDs will be allowed. We reserve the right to disqualify entries that use pirated musical accompaniment.
1.) Dance groups must consist of 5 members.
2.) Participants may choose any J-pop or anime songs in Japanese by a Japanese artist for their performance. Only soundtracks from original CDs will be allowed. We reserve the right to disqualify entries that use pirated musical accompaniment.
Interested participants must submit the following:
• Duly-accomplished J-pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest application form. The application form and contest rules are available at the Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC) Library and may be downloaded from the Embassy of Japan website: www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp.
• Individual/group photo.
• Short write-up about the performer/s.
• A detailed description of the chosen song (i.e. artist, title and lyrics).
• Demo CD containing two Japanese songs by the participant/s (for the singing category).
• Demo CD with recorded video performance (for the dance category).
All the requirements may be submitted personally or via courier to JICC, Embassy of Japan, 2627 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City. The deadline for the submission of entries is on May 23, 2014.
Chosen entries will compete in the J-pop Anime Sing and Dance Contest Grand Finals on July 19, 2014 at an SM Mall (final venue to be announced).